- 1 pound of orecchiette pasta
- 1 bunch of broccoli rapini
- 3 oz julienne sun dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic glove sliced or chopped
- 6 oz mild Italian sausage bulk
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 oz pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 oz olive oil
- Start by cutting the stems off the rapini. Blanch them in hot water for about 4 minutes.
- In a separate sauté pan, cook the sausage in small pieces (1 inch in diameter) with a touch of olive oil. When sausage is cooked, add the rapini, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and some more olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pot, boil water and season with salt. Cook pasta until ready and strain.
- Add pasta onto the sauté pan with the rest of the ingredients and toss together.
- Distribute pasta onto the plates and add the Pecorino Romano cheese on top.