Looking for a fancy way to use up those candy canes during the holidays?
Here’s a simple beverage recipe featuring peanut butter and candy canes that will keep you warm and cozy this winter. It’s a Spicy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. It uses Peanut Butter & Co “The Heat is On!” peanut butter, which is a mix of peanut butter, chili powder, paprika, and crushed peppers. On top of that, a candy cane is used as a garnish and stirrer for this beverage.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp the Heat is On! peanut butter*
- sugar or sweetener, to taste
- candy canes
- marshmallows (optional)
*For a non-spicy version, simply substitute with another peanut butter. May I suggest Old Fashioned Crunchy? Oh, and maybe sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg too.
- Heat the milk in a small pot over the stove.
- Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add the peanut butter and stir well.
- Add sugar or sweetener if desired.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into mugs. Garnish with a candy cane! Add a couple of marshmallows if you like. Enjoy!