Charles Joly of The Aviary shared his version of the Fog Cutter with Bill Daley of Chicago Tribune during this past weekend’s Chicago Gourmet food and drink festival in Millennium Park.
Here’s what to use to make it at home:
- 1 1/2 ounces Cruzan Light Rum
- 1/2 ounce each: 1) Courvoisier VS Cognac 2) Pinnacle Gin 3) orgeat syrup and 4) Harvey’s Bristol Cream sherry
- 1 to 2 ounces each: 1) lemon juice and 2) orange juice
- mint sprig (garnish)Directions
- Combine all the ingredients except the sherry in a mixing glass. Add ice, shake and pour unstrained into mug. Top with ice and float sherry. Garnish with mint sprig.
The Aviary is located at 953-955 W Fulton St. (on the corner of Fulton Market and Fulton streets).