Taste of Latin America, a food, wine and art festival, takes place August 24-26, 2012 in Logan Square from Central Park Ave. to Avers St. (3600 to 2828 W Armitage) .
Dates: Aug. 24, 25 and 26
Hours: Friday 5 p.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Address: 3600 W. Armitage Ave.
CTA: Take the #73 Bus
- 90 Miles Cuban Café (Cuba)
- Aripo’s LLC (Venezuela)
- Carnivale (Brazilian(
- Cemitas Puebla (Mexico)
- Coco Restaurant (Puerto Rico)
- Cuscatleco Pupuseria y Restaurante (El Salvador, Guatamala)
- El Veneno de Nayarit (Mexico)
- Folklore (Argentina)
- Garifuna Flava Caribbean Restaurant (Belize)
- Las Tablas Colombian Steakhouse (Colombia)
- Sabor Latino (Puerto Rico)
- Texas de Brazil (Honduras)
- Zapatista Restaurant (Mexico)
There will also be cooking demonstrations and chef competitions at the Culinary Stage.
Saturday, Aug. 25
12:00 p.m. – Carnivale
1:00 p.m. – Aripos
2:00 p.m. – Garifuna Flava
3:00 p.m. – El Veneno de Nayarit
4:00 p.m. – Sabor Latino
Sunday, Aug 26
12:00 p.m. – 90 Miles Cuban Cafe
1:00 p.m. – Las Tabias Colombian Steakhouse
2:00 p.m. – Texas de Brazil
3:00 p.m. – Zapatista Restaurant
Chicago Latino TV reports (Spanish):