- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can sardines in oil, drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- diced tomatoes
- Place the beans into a food processor and chop.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes, into a food processor and process until well blended.
- Serve on slices of grilled or toasted bread and top with diced tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley leaves/flakes.
At first I wanted to try this with slices of Italian bread or French bagette. However, I didn’t make it to the store until the wee hours and all the fresh bread were gone. I used slices of Arnold’s whole grain bread instead. (I love their bread!) I toasted them following yesterday’s post on making bruschetta (roasting the bread) and cut each slice into mini pieces of fours.
I carefully assembled each piece and arranged them onto a large plate. I was very impressed at how they came out. Each piece looked very delicious and fun. The flavors meshed together very well, with the sardines, beans, and the tomatoes. Makes a great appetizer or snack!