Here is a recipe for a tasty salmon cream pasta, that is surprisingly not too heavy. Normally the recipe calls for whipping or heavy cream, but milk can be substituted instead for a less heavy cream sauce. This recipe is pretty simple and makes a delightful dish for two (or three). Next time, I would add more spinach and fresh chopped parsley, and maybe throw in some pine nuts.
- 8 oz salmon fillets
- 8 oz pasta, fettuccine
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 oz cooking wine
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil pasta al dente.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil and butter
- Add the salmon. Break apart the meat as you cook the salmon. Add the sliced onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Add sake and spinach to the pan. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add the milk and half a cup of water. Stir.
- Add Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in parsley.
- Combine the creamy salmon with the cooked pasta and serve.