Here’s a recipe for Roasted Alaskan Halibut prepared by 312 Chicago executive chef Luca Corrazzina. In the video below, Corrazzina provides step-by-step instructions to make this fish and vegetables plate at home.
- 14 oz Pacific Halibut
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 oz Chopped Panchetta
- 1 oz Sliced Red Onion
- ¼ cup of fresh fava beans (blanched)
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 1/2 oz Salt
- 1/2 oz Black Pepper
- 1 oz Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 oz Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a small pot, boil cauliflower with cream, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Heat a saute pan at medium and add vegetable.
- Cut Halibut into two pieces and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear fish on both sides for about 2 minutes until nice and brown.
- Remove fish from pan and place on plate.
- On the same pan, cook the onion, fava beans, pancetta and watercress.
- To plate, start with cauliflower puree, then add vegetables and finally the halibut.
- Finish dish by drizzling olive oil over the fish.