Here’s a simple recipe for fish tacos that is light and satisfying.
The fish is seasoned with a rub that gives it just a bit of heat. The lettuce and avocado provide a refreshing balance between the pepper spice ingredients. We used organic corn tortillas from Vermont Tortilla Company, that’s made with just water, corn, and lime.
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- cod fish fillets
- lettuce, shredded
- avocado, cut into small pieces
- lime wedges
- Put together the rub. Mix all the spices and seasoning in a small bowl. Rub the mix over both sides of the fish fillets. Store remaining rub in a spice jar or container.
- Heat a skillet (medium-high heat) and add the oil.
- Add the fish to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes each side, until it’s cooked through. Turn off heat.
- Warm up the tortillas by placing them in a hot pan on the stove top, 10-20 seconds on each side.
- Assemble taco as desired. Place fish in the tortilla and top with lettuce, avocado, and a drizzle of lime.