With Thanksgiving slowly approaching, Chicago’s Delightful Pastries shares their recipe for a delicious holiday pie. Their pumpkin pie is baked with a touch of brandy and served with cinnamon and whipped cream. This simple and versatile recipe would make a nice addition to your holiday menu.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/8 tsp gloves, ground
- 2 tsp Brandy/Whiskey/Bourbon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 yolk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 pie shell, prebaked
- Whisk the pumpkin puree till nice and smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, spices and alcohol of choice.
- Whisk in the eggs, yolk and half and half.
- Taste for sweetness if not sweet enough add a little bit more sugar.
- Pour filling in a prebaked shell and bake for around 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean in between the center and the edge.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.