Here’s a simple recipe for chicken larb. There’s many versions of this dish, sometimes using minced pork instead of minced chicken. Larb is known for its lightly spicy, citrus sweet and salty flavors. The common ingredients you’ll find are lemongrass, lime, red peppers flakes, and fish sauce. This refreshing dish can be served as a salad wrap over lettuce leaves. Chicken larb is also great over rice too.
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Ingredients for chicken:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 stalk green onions, chopped
- 1 stem lemongrass, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 inch ginger, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Whisk together 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp coconut aminos, juice of 1 lime, zest of 1 lime, 1 and 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes. Set dressing aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add in green onions, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, and cilantro. Stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the ground chicken breast and stir fry for a couple minutes.
- Add coconut aminos and chicken stock. Cook for another few minutes, stirring well.
- Remove the chicken from heat.
- Pour dressing over chicken and toss or serve dressing on the side.
For the salad wraps, we set up a little assembly station. We spooned the cooked chicken into large lettuce leaves and then added some shredded daikon and carrots, enoki mushrooms, and fresh mint leaves as toppings.