Here’s a recipe for peanut butter protein oat balls. I used PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter which is basically ground peanuts with most of the fat removed. It provides the peanut butter taste without the density and calories. Since it’s powdered, it mixes very easily in recipes and is also convenient in baking and smoothie recipes.
The recipe is very versatile, so feel free to substitute or include more mix-ins. Instead of cocoa powder, you could use cacao nibs. Replace pumpkin seeds with sunflower seeds, crushed almonds, or any other nuts you like.
Ingredients (approx 12 balls):
- 6 tbsp old fashion oats
- 2 tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp hemp protein powder
- water, as needed
- cocoa powder
- pumpkin seeds
- goji berries
- In a large bowl, combine oats, PB2, protein powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder, pumpkin seeds, and goji berries. Add a tbsp of water and stir together until evenly mixed. Add more water as needed. Mixture should be slightly sticky.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Roll into balls. Enjoy slightly chilled. Store in refrigerator.