Last time I used Pillsbury Quick Bread mix, I made banana bread. This time I wanted to try another flavor. Cranberry! Yum!
I got this idea to make Cranberry Biscottis after finding the recipe on the side of the box. I’m a big coffee drinker and biscottis would just go great with my morning coffee.
I made a few changes from the original recipe. I eliminated the use of white vanilla chips and replaced it with sliced almonds instead. Here I’ll reiterate the recipe:
- 1 package of Pillsbury Cranberry Quick Bread and Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten,
- 2 to 5 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 handful of sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray large baking pan with no-stick cooking spray (I like to use PAM).
- In large bowl, combine quick bread mix, butter and eggs. Stir mixture with big spoon until the mix is moistened. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Sprinkle work surface (big wooden cutting board works) with 1 to 2 tsbp of flour. Turn dough out onto the floured surface. Roll dough into ball, adding flour as necessary.
- Divide the dough into half and place when on the sprayed baking pan. Form each half into a 9 by 3 inch loaf. Place each half 4 inches apart. Flatten tops slightly.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top of the loafs and pretty them lightly into the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23 to 3 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- On the cutting board, cut each loaf into 3/4 inch slices. Bake for another 12 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for a little.
These delicious biscottis are perfect with my coffee!