The Chipotle Cultive Chicago Festival is back for a second year on Saturday, Sept. 15 in Lincoln Park.
The one-day festival is free and features celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, live music, food artisans and more. Besides having a good time, the purpose of the festival is to share an appreciation for fresh and affordable food made with sustainable ingredients.
In addition to Chipotle’s offerings, there will be plenty of beer selections as well as food samplings from Chicago-area artisans.
Festival hours are 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. For directions on how to get there, click here.
The chefs participating in cooking demos are:
- Richard Blais (The Spence; HD-1; Flip Burger Boutique/Atlanta)
- Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo (Animal; Son of a Gun/Los Angeles)
- Amanda Freitag (series “Chopped” and “Iron Chef America”)
- Zak Pelaccio (Fatty Crab/New York)
- Matthias Merges (Yusho/Chicago)
- Sarah Grueneberg (Spiaggia/Chicago)
- Danny Grant (RIA/Chicago)
- Chris Pandel (The Bristol; Balena/Chicago)
- Paul Kahan (avec; Blackbird; The Publican/Chicago)
The music acts are:
- G. Love & Special Sauce
- Allen Stone
- J Roddy Walston and The Business
- JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound
The second and final Chipotle Cultivate Festival of 2012 will take place Oct. 6 in Denver.