Here’s a recipe for a healthy light soup. It is quick and simple.
- 8 ounces of soft tofu (cut into little cubes)
- baby spinach
- 1 ounce dried seaweed (wakame)
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (some sliced shiitake mushrooms would also be great)
- Soak the dried wakame seaweed in a large bowl of water for 20-30 minutes to rehydrate them.
- In a pot, heat the broth. Add the sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the spinach and seaweed, followed by the tofu.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes or so.
- Ready to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.