Here’s a simple recipe for some quick and easy
Sweet and Sour Pork.
Lee Kum Kee is known for their many Chinese sauces and condiments. They offer a line of mini sauce packets, which makes cooking popular Chinese restaurant food an easier task in your own kitchen. Behind each package, they conveniently list all necessary ingredients, along with detailed directions. They offer specialties like Ma Po Tofu, Beef Stir Fry, and many more. One all time favorite, I’d have to say, is Sweet and Sour Pork.
Ingredients (as listed on the package):
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 lb pork tenderloin cubed
1/2 red bell peppers
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup pineapples chunks
2 tbsp egg beaten
1 package Lee Kum Kee Sweet & Sour Sauce for Pork/Spare Ribs
The portions described above will result in about 3 servings. We had to feed more people. Therefore, we increased the portions. There were about 4 decent sized pork chops cubed. In addition, we replaced the red bell peppers with green and yellow bell peppers. We also added some onions and chopped scallions.
Here are my narrations based on the directions found on the back of the sauce packet, along with some photos.
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and mix the cubed pork pieces in to the mixture.
2. Remove pork from bowl and cover generously with cornstarch.
3. Deep fry the pork in hot oil until golden brown or cooked through.
4. Remove pork and place onto paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5. Saute bell peppers and pineapples in oil. (Recommendation: use of a nice big wok)
6. Add pork and the sweet and sour sauce. Stir well, and cook for a few minutes.
The final product (still hot in the wok!)
It is now ready to be served to our hungry friends!