Here’s a simple recipe for light appetizer or side dish. Soy bean sprout salad.
- 1 pound soybean sprouts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Blanch the soybean sprout in a pot of boiling water for a 3-4 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Place soybean sprout in a large bowl.
- Stir in the sesame oil, sugar, vinegar. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on the soybean sprout salad.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
For garnish, add some chopped green onions, red pepper flakes, or shredded seaweed.