Johnsonville now offers sausages made with 100% all natural ingredients and no artificial preservatives. The Johnsonville Naturals line includes Brats, Italian Sausage and Breakfast Sausages. Johnsonville invited us to try out their sausages in a simple, healthy recipe inspired by holiday gatherings and hearty meals.
I decided to pick up their Maple Breakfast Sausage and put together a savory, grain-free breakfast muffin. It’s nice to find sausages that do not contain fillers or artificial ingredients since packaged sausages often do.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
- 8 breakfast sausage links (I used Johnsonville Naturals Maple Breakfast Sausages)
- 3 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- mint leaves, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- non-stick cooking spray (I used coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook the breakfast sausages in a skillet over medium heat until cooked thorough and browned, flipping often.
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- Cut the sausages into small pieces.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chopped mint leaves and green onions.
- Place sausages into muffin cups. (About 2 per muffin cup)
- Pour egg mixture over.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until muffins are set.
- Serve warm.
About Johnsonville Naturals:
“Johnsonville Naturals provide a clean and simple label and do not contain artificial ingredients, flavors, colors or preservatives. The line focuses on high quality, natural ingredients, such as premium cuts of meat and flavorful spices to deliver great taste people expect from America’s leading sausage brand.”
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.