With summer finally here, it’s time to take the grill out and enjoy some outdoor cooking and dining. Here’s a delicious roasted halibut recipe from Red Gold Tomatoes. It features grilled halibut filets served with a Greek relish which uses their petite diced tomatoes. Enjoy!
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 10 ounces Kalamata olives, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 ounces feta cheese, dry
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or salad oil of choice
- 2 pounds fresh halibut filets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients, except the halibut, together and refrigerate for a few hours
- Pre-heat grill to 400 degrees with indirect heat.
- Season halibut filets lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Place seasoned halibut on grill and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the fish just begins to flake.
- When fish is almost done, place a small amount of the tomato relish on top of the fish and allow to warm through.
- Remove fish from heat and place it on a small pile of the tomato relish allowing the heat of the fish to warm the tomato relish through. Serve warm.
This summer, Red Gold is encouraging home chefs to grill with its tomatoes and from June 24th through July 22nd, they are hosting their Summer Grillin’ Party on their Facebook page with weekly prizes.