Here’s a recipe for Stuffed Fried Zucchini Blossoms (Fiori di Zucca Ripieni) prepared by 312 Chicago executive chef Luca Corrazzina. In the video below, Corrazzina provides step-by-step instructions to make this popular Italian dish at home.
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 zucchini blossoms (stamens removed)
- 12 pieces of fresh mozzarella (1inch squares)
- 12 pieces of anchovies (1 inch squares)
- In a large pot, heat about 2″ vegetable oil until deep-fry thermometer reads 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in beer until smooth.
- Add milk.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Stuff each zucchini blossom with one piece of mozzarella and one piece of anchovy.
- Dip each zucchini blossom in the batter and cook right away in oil.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.