Angry Orchard shares cider-inspired holiday dishes that will elevate your dinners and feasts this holiday season. Here’s a recipe for Oven Roasted Lamb Rack with Cider, Apples and Mints courtesy of Angry Orchard Apple Cider. The lamb rack is lightly seasoned then roasted in the oven, and served with caramelized fresh apples infused with hard cider.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 8 bone lamb racks, frenched
- 2 gala apples, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
- 6 leaves of mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat a dry 12-inch oven safe pan over high heat until hot, at least 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, one at a time.
- Remove racks from the pan and wrap the bones in aluminum foil.
- Wipe skillet out and return the racks to the skillet with the bones facing up and the meat facing towards the outside of the pan.
- Place pan in the oven and roast 15-30 minutes or until thermometer inserted registers 120F.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and transfer to a plate. Let stand, loosely covered in foil for 10 minutes.
- Pour out all but 1 tbsp of collected fat from the pan.
- Add in the apple pieces, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and half the butter. Allow the apples to roasted until golden brown and caramelized. Deglaze the pan with the cider, allowing it to reduce by half, and add the butter. Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter. Swirl to combine.