Today, Aug. 25, is National Whiskey Sour Day! And if you want to make one yourself, all the ingredients you need are bourbon, lemon juice and sugar.
- 1 1/2 – 2 oz of whiskey (such as bourbon whiskey)
- 2/3 oz of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Optional: ice (inside shaker, for straining), or for serving “on the rocks.”
- Pour liquor and lemon juice into a tumbler/cocktail shaker and add sugar.
- Shake and strain into a cocktail glass or sour glass.
- For extra credit, garnish with a lemon wedge, half an orange slice or maraschino cherry.
Whiskey Sour with Freshly-Squeezed Juices
In the video below, Food Network’s Ina Garten demonstrates how to make a fresh Whiskey Sour.
- 3/4 cup of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup of simple syrup (cup of sugar and cup of water, cooked and chilled)