Here’s a recipe for Chicken & Pepper Kebabs, courtesy of Nando’s PERi-PERi featuring their popular PERi-PERi sauces.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups bell peppers, cut into squares
- ½ cup red onion, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each chicken breast into 1-inch strips; thread strips alternately onto skewers with peppers and onions.
- Stir together Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce (pick your personal heat level), butter, lemon juice and garlic in small saucepan; cook over low heat until butter is melted. Set aside half the mixture in small bowl.
- Brush skewers with remaining PERi-PERi sauce mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and lightly charred.
- Remove from grill and brush liberally with reserved sauce.