Our latest addition to the cabinet of kitchen appliances is the Instant Pot. We got one over the holidays and it hasn’t failed to impress with every dish prepared so far. It’s like having a bunch of appliances in one. It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and yogurt maker. You can use it to saute foods or keep foods warm too. Depending on the model, it has presets for making soups, stews, poultry, rice, and more.
Here’s a recipe for a beef and mushroom stew using the Instant Pot. This stew can be prepared in about 30 minutes, but tastes like its been simmering in a slow cooker all day long. It’s very simple, tastes delicious, and makes enough for 6-8 servings. It’s perfect for meal prepping.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Coat the cooking pot with oil. Add the beef and brown the meat for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, rosemary, and beef stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Add carrots and mushrooms. Stir well.
- Cover the Instant Pot and cook on the Meat/Stew setting for 15 minutes.
- Release the pressure, uncover the Instant Pot.
- Ready to serve.
Enjoy the beef and mushroom stew over some rice, or a bed of greens for a low carb meal.