Here’s a nice idea for your nice brunch, breakfast potluck, or social gathering.
It’s paleo-friendly, low-carb, and very easy to make. It takes under 30 minutes. All you need in terms of appliances and tools is an oven and either a set of muffin cups or a muffin tray.
Ingredients: (6 pieces)
- 6 strips of bacon (we used turkey bacon, but real bacon works too)
- 6 eggs
- fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Lightly pan fry the bacon strips on a skillet.
- Place strips onto a paper towel and gently blot to remove excess oils.
- Spray muffin cup pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Line one slice of bacon along the side the a muffin cup. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Crack an egg into the center of the muffin cup. Repeat will the rest of the eggs.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper on top of each egg cup.
- Sprinkle a bit of the chopped chives on top of each egg cup.
- Put muffin tray into the oven and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until egg appears to be set (slightly firm but not dry).