Looking for a fancy way to use up those candy canes during the holidays?
Here’s a simple beverage recipe featuring peanut butter and candy canes that will keep you warm and cozy this winter. It’s a Spicy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. It uses Peanut Butter & Co “The Heat is On!” peanut butter, which is a mix of peanut butter, chili powder, paprika, and crushed peppers. On top of that, a candy cane is used as a garnish and stirrer for this beverage.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp the Heat is On! peanut butter*
- sugar or sweetener, to taste
- candy canes
- marshmallows (optional)
*For a non-spicy version, simply substitute with another peanut butter. May I suggest Old Fashioned Crunchy? Oh, and maybe sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg too.
- Heat the milk in a small pot over the stove.
- Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add the peanut butter and stir well.
- Add sugar or sweetener if desired.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into mugs. Garnish with a candy cane! Add a couple of marshmallows if you like. Enjoy!
One lucky reader will receive TWO jars of Peanut Butter and Company peanut butter! Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter widget below. U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends on December 16th, 2014 12:00 PM ET.
Do you have any candy cane hacks? What do you do with all those candy canes? Share your hacks with the hashtag #CandyCaneHacks.
Peanut Butter & Co is offering 25% off your online store purchase for the month of December. Simply use coupon code YUMSQUADLOVE (case sensitive).
Disclaimer: As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.