Here’s a recipe for delicious pumpkin oatmeal muffins:
- 1 (18oz) package of yellow cake mix
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients: yellow cake mix, ground cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a small food processor, combine the pumpkin puree, milk, yogurt, vegetable oil and eggs. Process well until creamy.
- Combine the pumpkin mixture with the dry ingredient mixture. Add oats.
- Slowly mix with a rubber spatula, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Mix for a couple of minutes.
- Pour mixture into muffin trays/cups.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let the muffin cool in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
This was my first time using silicone bakeware. These silicone muffin cups definitely have many benefits compared to the alternatives like metal, ceramic, and glass. They are lightweight, flexible, easy to store and easy to clean. They don’t rust and you always don’t have to worry about breaking or cracking it. They bake just as well as the alternatives. You don’t need to spray oil on them.
These pumpkin muffins were absolutely delicious. They were very moist, thanks to the yogurt. They were flavorful and not at all too sugary. The pumpkin and spices made this treat totally delightful. The recipe is simple and pretty easy to make. I can’t wait to make these again!