Fried rice can be such a guilty pleasure. Left over rice, eggs, and veggies stir fried together creates such a cozy and hearty dish. The best thing about fried rice is that there’s so many versions and each recipe is very adaptable. Pineapple fried rice is one of my favorite versions. The sweet and juicy taste of the pineapples really accentuate all the flavors in the dish. Here’s a recipe for pineapple fried rice that’s grain-free and lower in carbohydrates. I use cauliflower rice in place of regular rice and added baby shrimp for some additional protein. If you’re making this for a dinner party, you can get fancy and impress your guests by serving it in a pineapple boat. As an option, you can also add some crushed cashews to add some crunchiness to each bite.
- Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb raw baby shrimp
- 12oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice (or 2 cups of fresh cauliflower rice)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup mixed vegetables with carrots, corn, peas, beans
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 4 slices of pineapples, chopped into small chunks
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Crack one egg into the skillet and scramble well. Remove scrambled egg from skillet and set aside.
- Grease the skillet with some more coconut oil if needed. Add baby shrimp and cook well until shrimp is pink and opaque. Remove cooked shrimp and set aside. (You can skip this step if you’re using cooked shrimp.)
- Once again, more coconut oil if needed. Add the cauliflower rice. While it’s cooking, crack the other egg and stir it into the rice.
- Drizzle the sesame oil. Add the mixed vegetables. Stir fry.
- Add scrambled egg and shrimp.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the fish sauce and coconut aminos together. Pour mixture evenly throughout the skillet.
- Continue to stir fry until everything is mixed together well.
- Add the pineapple chunks and stir some more.
- Remove from heat. Adjust to taste with salt and garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- Ready to enjoy.