Sometimes all you need to a nice seasoning blend to elevate a dish. Urban Accent makes a Fisherman’s Wharf spice blend that’s great for fish, seafood, eggs, and vegetables. The blend features a lemon and pepper base with green onions, garlic, and parsley. Here’s a recipe for pan seared halibut and potatoes adapted from Urban Accent’s recipe collection that features their Fisherman’s Wharf spice blend. The recipe takes just under an hour. Instead of the halibut, flounder or wild cod would work great as well.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 medium garlic cloves
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 tsp Fisherman’s Wharf
- 1 1/2 lb halibut fillet
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, potatoes, garlic, thyme, bay leaves and 1 tsp of Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to brown, about 10 min. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally for another 15 min or until the potatoes are well-browned.
- Remove the thyme springs, bay leaves and garlic cloves. Discard the thyme and bay leaves.
- Chop up the garlic cloves and toss it back with the potatoes. Set aside the potatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the fish with 1 1/2 tsp Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Place the fillet skin side down in the pan and cook until the fish is cooked through, about 5 min.
- Serve the fish along with the potatoes and garnish with lemon wedges.