One of my favorite and convenient ways to cook salmon is to bake it in the oven. The process is simple and involves minimal preparation and clean up. Season the salmon as desired and place it in heated oven. Salmon is done when it flakes pretty easily. Here’s a recipe for spicy citrus oven baked salmon adapted from Urban Accent’s recipe collection. It uses their Cayman Citrus Dryglaze which brings together a chili peppers, red peppers, chipotle, japapeno, along with flavors of lemon, citrus, and dill. It’s also great for chicken and pork. This recipe has only two steps. Marinate the fish with the dryglaze and some oil for at least half an hour. Transfer fish onto a baking dish and cook it in the oven for 15 minutes or so, until salmon is ready.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 tbsp Urban Accents Cayman Citrus Dryglaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- green onions, lime, for garnish
- Put salmon in a ziplock bag along with the seasoning and olive oil. Seal the bag & massage seasoning and oil into the fish. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove salmon from ziplock bag and place it into a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with lime wedges.