Here’s a recipe for fried ice cream, courtesy of Moran’s Restaurant in Chelsea.
- Ice Cream
- Corn Flakes
- 2 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- Scoop out Ice Cream onto a baking dish, Form into balls and return to freezer, allowing the ice cream balls to freeze again, About 30 minutes
- Mash up corn flakes in a bowl
- Beat eggs
- Roll ice cream balls in corn flakes, covering completely
- Refreeze ice cream for 30 minutes
- Roll ice cream balls in egg wash and coat again with cornflakes.
- Refreeze ice cream, about 45 minutes
- Heat oil in a saucepan or wok to 350 degrees. Oil should be able to cover the ice cream ball.
- Place frozen ice cream ball in pan, cooking for about 15 to 20 seconds. Any longer than that, and the ice cream will start to break. Gently roll ice cream balls in oil to cook evenly.
- Ice cream can be eaten immediately or refrozen.