- 1 large eggplant or 2 japanese eggplants
- 1/4 light miso
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbp mirin
- 1 tbp rice vinegar
- Preheat broiler or oven (set to about 350F is good).
- Cut the eggplant in half length wise.
- Place the eggplant into the broiler/oven and cook until it starts to brown (about 15 minutes).
- Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together the miso, sugar, mirin, and rice vinegar.
- Heat the miso mixture in a small saucepan for about a minute.
- Spread the miso mixture of the eggplant.
- Reheat the whole eggplant for a minutes or two if desired.
I had some spinach wraps and a half-opened bag of salad in the fridge, and so I decided to assemble a Miso Eggplant Wrap. I chopped up the eggplant into small pieces, which eventually turned into eggplant mush. It started looking a little like eggplant caviar, but it was still ok. I also found some white button mushrooms, which I then chopped and roasted in the oven. I added the mushrooms with the eggplant.
It was quite tasty. The wrap was pretty light and not too intense. Makes a great lunch!