This recipe is very similar to the Japanese Beef Bowl recipe, except its meat ingredient is Pork.
1/2 lb pork chops
1/2 onion (chopped in to slices)
1 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup of water
2 bowls of cooked rice
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1. Slice the pork chops into thin pieces about 3 inches long.
2. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Mix in the sliced pork.
3. Put bowl into the refrigerator and let it marinate for 6-8 hours for best results (or at least 3 hours). This preparation can be done the night before.
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok.
2. Add the chopped onions.
3. Let the onions brown a little and when it starts to soften, put the marinated pork into the wok.
4, In a small bowl, mix the corn starch with the water. Make sure the corn starch dissolves completely before adding it into the wok.
5. Stir fry until pork is cooked.
6. Serve the contents over the bowls of rice.