The other day, my partner and I decided to take out the slow cooker and whip up a tasty dish – honey herb chicken. Slow cookers are so wonderful. The chicken came out great and kitchen was filled with the delicious aroma! The flavors were relatively light, but savory with hints of honey. The combination of herbs makes the chicken just delightful.
- About 3 lbs chicken (I used legs and thighs)
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange the pieces of chicken in the slow cooker.
- Place sprigs of rosemary and sage on top of chicken.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Here is a honey herb chicken drumstick served with a side of butternut squash and rice. The butternut squash side is made with a puree of butternut squash, potatoes, celery, and carrots. The rice side is a mix of black rice, brown rice, and jasmine rice. Enjoy!