Happy Chinese New Year! Happy Tet!
(It’s the Year of the Rat!!!)
Here are links to some New Year recipes:
- Food Network (Chinese cuisine)
- Allrecipes.com (Chinese cuisine)
- Tet Sticky Rice Cakes: Banh Chung & Banh Tet (Vietnamese cuisine)
- VietWorldKitchen.com is the website of Andrea Nguyen, the author of the cookbook Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors (which I actually own!) Great resource for Vietnamese cooking and cuisine.
- Over the Moon/A taste of Lunar New Year beyond China Article on Korean New Year and Vietnamese Tet with links to
I’m looking forward to heading home to visit family for the weekend. There will be lots of awesome food (I’m hoping) and, of course, I’ll have my handy Canon PowerShot (great camera) with me.