Happy Holidays from LookyTasty.com!
Here are recipes for two delicious treats!
Recipe 1: Granola is tasty as a snack by itself, or sprinkled on top of yogurt or smoothies. Add it in your cereal or oatmeal for extra crunchiness. Bake it in bread or muffins, or make granola bars.
Recipe 2: I used a portion of the granola to make peanut butter granola balls. They make tasty bite-size treats!
I packaged these yummy snacks and shipped it to my brother for Christmas!
Tasty Granola Recipe:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp powdered peanut butter (I used Bell Plantation PB2)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the oats, rice krispies and mixed nuts.
- Mix well, until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the oats and rice krispies.
- Spread mixture on to a large baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. I added the mixed nuts at 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl to serve. (If you like, you can add some dried fruits, like raisins.)
- Store remaining granola in airtight containers.
Peanut butter granola balls
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix the honey and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in the granola using a large spatula.
- Wet your hands and form into balls. (This might get a little messy.)
- You can use a large spoon to help mold the mixture.
- Alternatively, you can scoop the mixture into small paper cupcake liners.