For his Cafe Mocha en Fuego recipe, Anthony K. of Chatham, Illinois won Second Place in the Seattle’s Best Coffee “Red Cup Showdown” creative culinary competition. Here’s how to make one:
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy cream (12 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash Cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsp Ground Seattle’s Best Dark Roast
- about 1 3/4 cups of water (15 fl oz)
- about 1 3/4 cups of 2% milk, cold (15 fl oz)
- Whipped cream and chocolate sauce for garnish
- Heat first seven ingredients in a saucepan on medium-low, stirring until combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add ground coffee to filter and brew.
- Fill bottom third of coffee mug with milk.
- Microwave until steam starts to come from the milk, about 1 minute.
- Take mug out of microwave.
- Use wire whisk to froth the milk by rolling it briskly back and forth between your hands until desired froth is obtained.
- Mix the chocolate mixture, coffee and frothed milk in equal parts.
- Add whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top.
- Dust with spices.