Make your own Mojito, a refreshing classic cocktail of Cuban descent comprised of light rum, club soda, sugar, mint and lime juice.
- 2 oz of light rum
- 2 oz of club soda (or Sprite / 7 Up for an even sweeter taste)
- 6 – 8 mint leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 lime (or 1-2 oz squeezed lime juice)
- mint sprig
- ice cubes
- Place the mint leaves, sugar and lime (or lime juice) into a glass.
- Gently crush the ingredients by using a muddler.
- Add rum.
- Add ice cubes (preferably crushed ice).
- Add club soda.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with mint sprig (optional).
- Enjoy! Drink with a straw.
In this video from Epicurious, mixologist Eben Freeman demonstrates how to make a Mojito. His method involves stirring the ingredients instead of muddling them.