Here are the recipes for the Stir-fry Rice Noodles and Marinated Beef from Chinese New Year Feast Part 1. The recipes for the watercress soup, spinach and tofu dumplings, and mock beef dumplings can be found here. Enjoy!
Stir-fry Rice Noodles
- 8 oz rice sticks (about half a package)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 eggs, beaten and fried, cut into strips
- 1 package of flavored tofu, cut into strips
Strips of tofu, fried egg cut into strips, bean sprouts, and scallions
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp citrus soy sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Soak the rice sticks in warm water for 30 minutes or until they turn soft and drain.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan. Add chopped garlic and stir-fry until it turns light brown.
- Add shredded tofu and rice sticks, followed by the seasoning mixture.
- Add sliced fried egg, bean sprouts and chopped scallions.
- Stir-fry for a couple more minutes.
- A little less than 1 lb of beef, thinly sliced (I picked up some thinly sliced strips of beef from the Asian supermarket.)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 1/2 tsp oyster sauce (I used a vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce.)
- 1 1/2 tsp citrus soy sauce, or light soy sauce
- Mix the garlic, cornstarch, sugar, black pepper, ginger powder, oyster sauce and soy sauce in a bowl to form the marinade. Stir until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, add the marinade to the beef.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinade for at least an hour. (I prepared the meat the evening before and let it marinate in the fridge overnight. Let meat go to room temperature before cooking.)
- Heat some oil in a wok or large pan. (I sprayed some PAM instead.)
- Add the meat. Cook on medium high heat until beef is cooked.
… and that’s all the recipes from my Chinese New Year/Valentine’s Day Feast. Happy Eating!