Little Bucharest Bistro of Irving Park will be hosting “The Best of Bucharest” on Saturday, October 18th. The celebration goes from noon until midnight, with grape stomping, pig and lamb roasts, music and entertainment, and a special $25 buffet showing delicious eastern European and Romanian cuisine. The menu features:
- Vinete, Eggplant Spread with cucumber, red onions, tomato, feta and grilled pita
- Roasted Beet Carpaccio, greens, clementine, goat cheese and caramelized nuts in vinaigrette
- Mititei, Charbroiled Sausages, beef and pork, garlic, served with greens and crispy polenta
- Freshly Roasted Pig and Lamb
- Award Winning Sausage-Stuffed Chicken Thigh, served with creamy gorgonzola polenta in a rustic tomato sauce
- Chicken Paprikash, braised chicken in paprika over polenta, crème fraiche with green beans and pearl onions
- Bucharest Signature Vegetarian Goulash, tomato stew with couscous and broiled eggplant
- Sarmale Stuffed Cabbage, pickled cabbage stuffed with pork, ground beef, and sautéed rice stewed in tomato jus served with polenta and crème fraiche
- Homemade Strudel cu Mere, Apple Strudel, with raisins, walnuts, vanilla gelato and caramel sauce
- Clatite, Warm Crepes with chocolate, strawberry or apricot sauce
The dining room also features a full bar serving an assortment of European beer, wine and brandy, as well as specialty cocktails like owner, Branko’s popular Flaming Tea.
Little Bucharest Bistro is located at 3661 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL. Reservations are suggested.