This month, Peanut Butter & Co teamed up with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you Oatober! They’ve invited us to share a recipe featuring peanut butter and some good old fashioned rolled oats. First thing that usually comes to mind when I think of oats is, obviously, a bowl of oatmeal. Overnight oats are one of my favorites. It requires minimal work and no cooking. Before you go to bed, just soak the oats in a liquid (e.g. almond milk) along with some toppings and mixes. Next morning, you’ve got a plump bowl of oats ready to be consumed! Oats are a good source of fiber and also great blended into smoothies. Here’s a recipe for a Blueberry Peanut Butter Oat Smoothie, very simple, can be easy customized. It makes a wonderful, filling breakfast smoothie.
Blueberry Peanut Butter Oat Smoothie
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 blueberries
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- pinch cinnamon
- mint leaves, for garnish
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, blueberries, peanut butter, cinnamon, and oats. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint leaves, pinch of oats, and a few blueberries. Enjoy immediately.
Peanut Butter & Co is happy to send one lucky reader
- 2 jars Peanut Butter & Co Peanut Butter, along with
- 1 package of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter widget below. U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends on November 2nd, 2015 12:00 PM ET.
How would you like to combine peanut butter and oats in a dish?
Disclaimer: As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own. Giveaway is sponsored by Peanut Butter & Co.