It’s definitely tempting to indulge in peanut butter straight from the jar. Typically I would say a tablespoon is a reasonable and satisfying portion. What to do with a spoonful of peanut butter? One of my favorite things to do with a spoonful of peanut butter is to incorporate it in my breakfast, say peanut butter oats!
I have two jars of peanut butter sitting on my kitchen counter thanks to Peanut Butter & Co. (You can get two jars too. Hold on for the giveaway!) The Bee’s Knees is their all natural peanut butter blended with honey. There’s no cholesterol, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, and no high-fructose corn syrup. It is also gluten-free, vegetarian, and certified kosher. I decided to mix it with my overnight oats, which I had prepared in a glass mason jar, for a sweet, delicious breakfast.
- 1/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (The Bee’s Knees)
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch cocoa powder
- Combine oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds in a bowl or mason jar and cover.
- Leave it a warm place overnight or at least 6-7 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with a spoonful of peanut butter. Sprinkle cinnamon and cocoa powder.
Now for the giveaway!
One lucky reader will receive two jars of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter! Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter widget below. U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends on Monday, May 26, 2014 12:00 PM ET. What would you do with a spoonful of peanut butter?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.