The Irish Coffee cocktail is an easy to make coffee-booze combo of Irish whiskey (such as Baileys) with hot, black coffee, and topped off with cold whipped cream.
- 6 oz of hot coffee (or 2 shots of espresso diluted with hot water)
- 1.5 oz of Irish whiskey (ex. Baileys Irish Cream or Jameson)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 oz whipped cream
- Pour whiskey, coffee and sugar in a mug or glass
- Stir well until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Float whipped cream on top. Don’t stir.
- That’s it! Drink the coffee through layer of cream.
More: Irish Coffeetini Recipe | Nutty Irish Coffee Recipe | Explore Irish Coffee With Concannon Irish Whiskey
Irish Coffee via Espresso Machine
You can also make an Irish Coffee with an espresso machine by simply diluting the espresso with hot water. In the video below, barista Heather Perry prepares an Irish Coffee by mixing 2 shots of espresso, 2 sugar cubes, Baileys Irish whiskey and tops the drink off with two scoops of light whipped cream.