Eileen Gannon of Des Moines, Iowa won the Seattle’s Best Coffee Red Cup Showdown with this coffee recipe flavored with caramelized bacon and hints of pumpkin pie spice. Courtesy of Seattle’s Best Coffee, below is the recipe for the drink Gannon has named, “How to Win a Guy With One Sip.”
- 1 rounded tbsp of Seattle’s Best Coffee, Level 5, Ground
- 3/4 cup of hot water (6 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp of light cream (1 fl oz)
- 2 teaspoons of bacon-flavored syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp of caramel flavored syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Spiced caramelized bacon (recipe below)
- caramel ice cream topping
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Caramelized bacon (recipe below)
- Brew the coffee with hot water in a pour-over brewer or coffee hand press.
- Pour the coffee into a cup.
- Pour in light cream, bacon flavored syrup, caramel flavored syrup and pumpkin pie spice and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Top with a dollop of spiced caramelized whipped cream, drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice.
- Garnish with a strip of caramelized bacon.
- In a larger mixer bowl, add 1/2 heavy whipping cream (4 oz), 1/2 tsp caramel flavor syrup, 1/4 tsp bacon flavored syrup and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper and cover with a thin layer of light brown suger.
- Layer strips of bacon over the brown sugar.
- Pat additional brown sugar over the bacon to cover and top with a second piece of parchment paper.
- Bake the bacon for 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown and bubbling.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
By winning the creative culinary competition, Gannon pocketed $10,000 and a chance for her drink to be featured in participating Seattle’s Best Coffee locations. Congrats Eileen!