Here’s another recipe courtesy of Redpack tomatoes. This vegetarian recipe is easy to prepare, uses a slow cooker, and great as a side dish or an entree. The ratatouille can be served warm or cold, and reheats well the next day.
Ratatouille Slow Cooker Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hour
- 1 medium eggplant, skin on, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow summer squash, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can Redpack Tomato Paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Redpack Crushed Tomatoes In Thick Puree
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a 10 inch skillet on medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and when hot quickly toss in the onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and stir to combine. Place in slow cooker.
- Place the pan back on the heat. Heat oil and add eggplant, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, zucchini and summer squash. Cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add to slow cooker.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, basil, thyme, salt and black pepper. Set the slow cooker to low and cook about 5 hours.
Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Want a slow cooker?
Redpack is hosting a promotion, October 22nd through November 12th, on their Facebook page where they will be giving away two slow cookers a day for the entire three weeks. Check it out!