Slow cookers are very convenient and great to use anytime of the year. They are quite versatile and there’s endless recipes you could make with it, from breakfast to dinner to desserts. This Fall season, Redpack Tomatoes are encouraging families to whip out the slow cooker and fill it with delicious homey soups, stews, casseroles, and more. They are sharing a series of recipes that incorporate their quality canned tomatoes. How wonderful would it be to come home to a cozy, warm meal after a long busy day. Here’s one for a Rustic Italian Chicken.
Rustic Italian Chicken Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2 pounds
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Redpack Diced Tomatoes In Juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can Redpack Crushed Tomatoes In Thick Puree
- 3 cups pasta of choice, cooked and drained
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients, except pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve chicken over pasta and garnish with chopped basil
Want a slow cooker?
Redpack is hosting a promotion, October 22nd through November 12th, on their Facebook page where they will be giving away two slow cookers a day for the entire three weeks. Check it out!