Start the day off with a healthy breakfast and be ready take on your day. Here’s two simple breakfast recipes that you can make ahead. Both recipes uses soy milk but feel free to substitute with almond milk or other nondairy milks. The first one is a peanut butter baked oatmeal. Prepare it the night before and keep it in the refrigerator over night. Put it in the oven in the morning when you wake up and it’ll be ready in 20 mins or so. The dish also reheats very well, so you can make it once and enjoy it over a couple days. The second one is a chocolate chia pudding. It makes a nice creamy treat that almost like dessert for breakfast. Both recipes are versatile and can be adaptable to your taste and preferences. Enjoy!
Peanut butter baked oatmeal
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, soy milk, water, and peanut butter.
- Add to the oats and mix.
- Pour mixture into coated baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Chocolate chia pudding
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave, stevia, etc.), optional, adjust to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Transfer into a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir well before serving. Add a bit of liquid to the pudding if it becomes too thick.
- Serve with toppings/stir ins like fruit, nuts, seeds and spices.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.