Salads are great for the summer. I recently received a salad starter kit from Redpack Tomatoes along with some of their new summer salad recipes featuring their canned tomatoes. There’s petite diced tomatoes as well as diced tomatoes in juice – all natural and ready for use. Here’s the recipe for the Raspberry Shrimp Salad. It features grilled shrimp, fresh mango, and diced tomatoes over a bed of greens. The recommended dressing is a raspberry walnut vinaigrette.
Raspberry Shrimp Salad Recipe courtesy of Redpack Tomatoes
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag salad greens
- 2 cups grilled shrimp
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Redpack Diced Tomatoes or Petite Diced Tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raspberry walnut vinaigrette*
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large salad bowl lightly toss onion, salad greens, shrimp, mango and diced tomatoes with half of the vinaigrette.
- Place salad on a serving plate and top with the raspberries and walnuts.
- Serve remaining dressing on the side.
*You can make a simple homemade raspberry walnut vinaigrette by simply blending 1/2 cup olive oil or walnut oil, 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar, 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, and some salt and black pepper.
Redpack Tomatoes is currently running a Toss in the Flavor sweepstakes on Facebook. Enter for your chance to win the grand prize – a Redpack Gourmet Salad Pack with all your salad and picnic needs. They are also giving away 1,000 Redpack tote bags each week for three weeks. Promotion ends July 2nd, 2014.