During this time of the year, we just can’t get enough of pumpkins. Here’s a recipe for a delicious pumpkin pie courtesy of Sarah Stegner and George Bumbaris, of the Prairie Grass Cafe in Northbrook, IL. Don’t forget to check out their recipe for pumpkin soup as well.
- 6 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10-inch pie crust
- Mix the dark brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and ground cloves together.
- Mix the dark corn syrup, squash puree, heavy cream, whole eggs and vanilla together. Combine the two and stir well.
- Pre-bake the pie shell for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes, or until the pie is cooked through.