Taste five of Mercadito’s favorite tacos from the River North restaurant’s “Tacos for Strength” program at a benefit dinner on October 1. Tickets are $55 per person and includes five taco tastings, appetizers, two sides, a dessert and four beverage pairings. Call 312-329-9555 for reservations. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.
As part of Mercadito’s “Tacos for Strength,” a guest chef is invited to build a specialty taco where 5% of proceeds from the taco’s sales go to the Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. Last year, Mercadito made a $3,768 donation off proceeds from Tacos for Strength. 10% of the proceeds of the Oct. 1 dinner will go towards No Kid Hungry.
The five tacos are:
- Michelle Bernstein (Michy’s)’s Galbi Churrasco Taco with green tomato slaw & queso fresco
- Rodelio Aglibot (BLT)’s Braised Pulled Pork Taco with habenero mojo, pickled red onions, juliene radishes & toasted rice
- Giuseppe Tentori (GT Fish & Oyster)’s GT Fish Taco with napa cabbage, chipotle mayo & chicharrones
- Julian Medina Toloache (Yerbabuena)’s Bohemia-Braised Brisket Taco with tomatillo salsa & horseradish crema
- Andrew Zimmerman (Sepia) Chicken Tikka Taco with cucumber riata, red onion relish & cilantro