Lollapalooza weekend is here! And if you’re a vegetarian, no worries, there are plenty of meatless options for you to chew on in between your favorite sets. Here are our picks:
The most vegetarian-friendly vendor this year is farmers’ market mainstay River Valley Ranch & Kitchens for its all-vegetarian menu:
- Hand-made vegan gluten free River Valley veggie burger on a bun with small batch sauces from our farm (Vegetarian, GF)
- Vegan and gluten-free portabella tamale made with non-gmo masa and served with choice of River Valley salsa (Vegetarian, GF)
- Top vegan gluten-free chili and/or five cheese garlic spread
- Garlic Mushroom Stew. Three types of mushrooms slow cooked with onions, roasted garlic oil, celery, harmony garlic from our garden, fermented peppers and sea salt (Vegetarian, GF)
- River Valley Nachos. Local tortilla chips topped with our world famous vegan and gluten-free chili, pickled jalapenos
– Check out Burrito Beach‘s Organic Black Bean, Wisconsin Goat Cheese & Poblano Burrito.
– Go for Chubby Wieners‘ Tree Huger Veggie Dog.
– Tuscany has a three-cheese Fried Ravioli with tomato sauce and parmigiano.
Grilled Cheese on a Stick:
– Brunkow Cheese has three veggie options of its Brazilian-styled “Queijo de Coalho” snack.
- Original Drizzled w/ Black Rum Maple Syrup
- Fire Roasted Hatch Chile Drizzled w/ Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pizza Margherita Drizzled w/ Garlic & Herb Infused Olive Oil
– Hummingbird Kitchen has a Village Salad Flatbread w/ Cucumber, Feta, Green Beans, Tomato, Gaeta Olives, Onion, Basil & Mint …
– Although Big Fork‘s main item is a bacon sausage on a stick, the meat-friendly restaurant has a gluten-free veggie dish in Ancient Whole Grain Salad.
– Seedling, a South Haven, Michigan fruit farm, sells apples, peaches and fruit smoothies.
– Rock ‘n Roll Noodle Company has a Thai Veggie Red Curry Bowl.
– Wow Bao sells two Vegetarian boxes: One is a pair of Whole Wheat Edamame baos and the other is a pair of Apple Cinnamon baos.
Burgers (slider style):
– Oak Street Beach Cafe is selling two Garden Burger Sliders on Whole Wheat Bun w/ Pico de Gallo Salsa and Guacamole, Garlic Potatoes.